Quality Assurance Technician
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- The Quality Assurance Technician’s primary responsibilities are:
- Maintenance of the Product Inspection and Release System, which includes:
- Performing regularly scheduled on-site AQL inspections of finished goods
- Reviewing test results for raw materials and finished goods to ensure compliance to product specifications.
- Releasing raw materials and finished goods from quarantine/hold status for distribution.
- Maintaining all applicable test and retention logs.
- Completing all Material Reviews, Deviations, and Purges relevant to raw materials and finished goods.
- The Quality Assurance Technician’s secondary responsibilities are:
- Assisting the Quality Assurance Supervisor in the maintenance of the Product Complaints System, which includes:
- Reporting Serious Adverse Events to all applicable regulatory bodies (FDA, Health Canada, etc)
- Quarterly reviews of product complaints
- Completing investigations into product complaints
- Assisting the Quality Assurance Supervisor and Quality Assurance Specialist in regularly scheduled SOP review.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Network marketing industry experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner when dealing with employees, vendors and company contacts.
- Ability to self-manage and problem solve
- Must be able to travel during work hours to warehouse locations
- Must be willing to participate in cGMP training seminars
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.